Weaving by Annie Berssenbrugge.
One of our members received an offer for an item on this page. This ‘offer’ was a typical internet scam, in which an out-of-state buyer offers/sends a check for more than the item listing price and writes “deposit the check & send them back the difference.” The buyer provides no information about who would pick up the item or when.
Always use care if you do not personally know the buyer. If someone you don’t know is coming to your home to view or pick up an item, ask a family member or friend to be present and if possible, move the item to a porch, deck, or garage location so strangers need not enter your home. Lock your doors while you are out showing the item.
We are sad to say that Juanita Hofstrom had passed away today (April 29, 2023) She was trying to recover and wanted to get back home and to her studio to weave, but due to health she could not recover.
45″ and 60″ Looms
July 15th by auction at:
It will start at July 15 at 9:30am and the lovely building will also be auctioned at noon. It’s hard to close this chapter of life but it’s time for others dreams to come true.
From Mel Waite, her daughter: Mom had many years and great times weaving and making things she loved. Now it is time to let others also experience the love of weaving and arts. Moms studio 5420 county road J, Clinton,Wi. located in Shopiere, Wi. will be sold as well as all contents, including what Mark had at the studio, Dads dark room things and photos will also be sold July 15th by auction
Harrisville Vertical Floor Warping Mill $175
The peg cross sections may be adjusted up or down, depending on the warp length. This large vertical warping mill gives 4 yds per rotation and can wind up to 50 yds. 68″ high, 59″ wide. Can be brought to a WWWG meeting.
I’ve added vertical rods on the cross pieces to house cones of yard. Can hold 40+ cones. Warp shown was 28 yards 200 ends with 2 crosses. I folded warp in half to have 14 yards at 400 ends. $175
Commuter bench made by Fireside looms. 60″ L x 13.5″ W x 21.5″ H base. Sliding seat 20″ D x 17″ H x 24.25″ W. Three storage spaces at top of base, under sliding chair seat. Hardwood. Very good condition. Pick up only in Barrington area Illinois.
Pick up only, Barrington Hills, Il
It’s Available/It’s Wanted Policy
- Costs for newsletter or website postings are $15.00 each with or without a picture (prepaid) for one month or $25.00 each (prepaid) for three months for non-members. These charges help defray the WWWG costs.
- Make checks payable to ‘Warp & Weft Weavers Guild’. Mail to: PO Box 666; Woodstock, IL 60098.
- Weaving and spinning equipment only, no commercial ads.
- Ads should be around 50 words or less. Include up to photos if possible.
- Ads need to be emailed to the Webmaster. Include price, make of loom, width, number of harness/treadles, and equipment that is being sold with the loom including reeds (with sizes), shuttles, warping boards, yarns, books or magazines, bench, etc.
- State whether the loom will need to be picked up or can be shipped or delivered.
- Provide an email address or phone number where you would like to be contacted. If we place it on our Website, we need an email address. We do not publish telephone numbers or addresses on our website.
- Advise whether you want your listing in the newsletter, on the website, or both.
- Approval and posting of ads are at the discretion of Warp & Weft Weavers Guild
Contact the Linda A with questions and requests for listings. Please let us know when your item is sold.